Click to watch video from "Mormon Messages"

Monday, November 9, 2009

Magnets

Oh, the possibilities are endless for magnets. You can do buttons:
reusing old buttons - fridge magnets

cherry blossom tacks - mini glass tile and Japanese chiyogami thumbtacks set
You can do bottlecap magnets:
Beautiful Women Bottlecap Charms


Honestly, the possibilities are endless.

I will be doing paper glued to 1" round wooden circles
10 Wood Disks for Pendants, Magnets, and More. 1.5 Inch Diameter Rounds.



I purchased on etsy a downloadable sheet of 1" circles in the below design to cut out using a 1" circle cutter, then decoupaging them on my wood circles.
Autumn 1x1 inch Square Tiles, Digital Collage Sheet, Download and Print Images
You can browse thousands, really, of downloadable designs
Just remember if you want to use the wood circles I already have, get circle prints and 1" (most of them are)


Again ladies 2 options:

1. Come and do my choice - wood circles and paper, pay me for supplies
16 cents/wood circle
10 cents/magnet (I have, 1/2 inch rare earth magnets, very skinny, very strong, very cool)
Paper is free if you want to use the design I bought or bring your own design/paper.
I have a 1" circle cutter and enough modge podge that we could modge podge you to the magnet

2. Make up your own idea, bring the supplies on Thursday, you're welcome to my magnets, just let me know in advance so I can plan to have enough. Etsy has excellent prices and are fast.

Please leave a comment on how many magnets, wood circles you would like to use, or questions about your own magnet idea.

7 comments:

  1. Alisha, I think I am going to try and make some button magnets as well as some of you magnets. If you could count me in for some of your wooden ones and then enough magnetic strip for those and some for the button ones I will be making. Thanks, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I have 100, how many do you want me to reserve for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I have dibs on 8 wooden circles and magnets? I'd like to use your paper design too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnets so far: 100 - 40 for me - 8 for Rebekah - 10?20? for Megan (let me know, Megan) = 42? 32? left over

    Circles so far: 100 - 15 for me - 8 for Rebekah - some? for Megan = 60ish left over

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's say 8 circles and then 16 magnets. I'll use the other magnets to do the button ones. Thans so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I call dibs on 8 magnets and 8 wooden circles? I'll bring my own paper. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete